Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM Release Documents – The Essential Microsoft Download Center
Last Updated on Friday, 7 August 2009 12:26 Written by Mire_B Friday, 7 August 2009 12:18
Release Documents for Windows Server 2008 R2 – These documents provide important information you should know prior to deploying and using the Windows Server 2008 operating system, including known issues that you may need to avoid or work around.
The documents are continuously updated, so you should check this location for updated versions periodically.
You will find four documents for Windows Server 2008 R2:
Installing Windows Server 2008 R2
Release Notes: Important Issues in Windows Server 2008 R2
Things to Know About Windows Server 2008 R2
Copyright Attributions for Windows Server 2008 R2
Installing includes steps you should take prior to installing or upgrading to this release, supported upgrade paths, and any known issues that you may need to avoid or work around before starting the installation process. Release Notes focuses on the most critical issues, such as those that are likely to affect a majority of users and may cause data loss, installation failure, and security issues.
Things to Know is a collection of less-serious issues that are likely to affect a smaller number of users and have milder consequences if they are not avoided. Currently, all issues are reported in Release Notes; this document is essentially a placeholder at this time.
Copyright Attributions is a list of copyrights on images and technologies licensed for inclusion in Windows Server 2008 R2.
You should check all three documents for the most complete collection of issues known at this time.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Upgrade Paths – The Essential Microsoft Download Center
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2009 09:28 Written by Mire_B Tuesday, 21 July 2009 09:21
Windows Server 2008 R2 Upgrade Paths can be downloaded from Microsoft.
This document outlines supported and unsupported upgrade paths for editions of the Windows Server® 2008 R2 operating system.
Unsupported Upgrade Scenarios
• Upgrades to Windows Server 2008 R2 from the following operating systems are not supported:
• Windows® 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Windows Vista Starter, or Windows 7
• Windows NT® Server 4.0, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003 RTM, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 Web, Windows Server 2008 R2 M3, or Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta
• Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems
• Cross-architecture in-place upgrades (for example, x86 to x64) are not supported.
• Cross-language in-place upgrades (for example, en-us to de-de) are not supported.
• Cross-edition upgrades (for example, the Windows Server 2008 Foundation SKU to the Windows Server 2008 Datacenter SKU) are not supported.
• Cross-build type in-place upgrades (for example, fre to chk) are not supported.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Candidate (RC) – Direct Download Links
Last Updated on Tuesday, 5 May 2009 12:12 Written by Mire_B Tuesday, 5 May 2009 12:11
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 will be the next version of the Windows Server operating system from Microsoft. Building on the features and capabilities of the current Windows Server 2008 release version, Windows Server 2008 R2 allows you to create solutions that are easier to plan, deploy, and manage than previous versions of Windows Server.
- January 2014
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009